"If you want support for your improvement activity on a daily basis, you need people inside your organisation with the training and facilitation skills to do it."
What are they?
Developing internal facilitation skills enables the organisation to make change happen quickly and effectively. The role of the internal facilitator is to help individuals and teams to meet their objectives by providing coaching and support. The facilitator is able to help unblock teams, resolve conflicts and encourage consensus, as well as providing technical support on a range of improvement tools and techniques.
When to use them:
- Where you want to improve large numbers of people in implementing change without having to train them all to the highest level.
- At any stage in an improvement process, especially when people are protective of their own areas or likely to experience difficulties with new tools and techniques.
- Enables others in your organisation to use tools more effectively.
- Helps people develop their skills and capabilities.
- Provides an objective view of team activities.
- Delivers the outcomes established in improvement plans.
- Develops a centre of excellence within your organisations.
How TQMI can help:
We can help identify the numbers of facilitators you will need to support your improvement process. We can help you to select the facilitators, train them in facilitation skills and the improvement techniques they will be supporting, and then provide them with ongoing training and development as your improvement process develops.