Process Management and Improvement
"Processes don't get improved through exhortation or inspection. They are improved by people applying analysis and creativity in a structured way."
What is it?
Everything we do is a process therefore if we fail to manage and improve the way we process work then delivering significantly better results is not going to happen. TQMI truly believes that:
'real improvement to bottom line results comes from involving the organisation's people in the continuous improvement of their processes'
TQMI's process approach enables an organisation to address for essential elements, taking account of their starting point and improvement objectives:
Understanding your organisations starting point and objectives are crucial in helping us support you.
Organisations that choose to embark upon the process journey have two possible start points:
1) Process Management OR
2) Process Improvement
Those who know they need to re-align themselves to meet the needs of their customers better, or to gain more confidence and control in the way they operate are likely to choose Process Management as a start point.
Other organisations may only wish to improve the performance of one or more specific processes. To achieve this, they focus on process by Process Improvement with successful organisations realising this is not a one off activity but can be sustained over time and continue to deliver benefits.
When to use it:
If you are having the following issues or needs-
- Our processes do not always meet customers' requirements and we make too many costly errors.
- We need to reduce our costs significantly.
- We take too long to deliver products and service.
- We struggle to manage peaks and troughs in our workflow.
- We need to increase our capacity.
- Adopting a structured approach to process management and improvement will meet these needs.
Some of the benefits we have achieved with clients are-
- Cost savings of several £million in one process.
- Cycle-time reduction from 42 days to less than 10 days.
- 100% productivity increase.
- Debtor days reduced from 72 days to 36 days.
- Reduction in defects by 80%.
- Annual reduction in waste of £375k.
- Complaints reduction of 24% on delivery performance.
- Rapid achievement of ISO 9001:2000 accreditation.
How TQMI can help:
We have significant Process Management and Process Improvement expertise to help you meet your goals. We also utilise one of the best software tools available and we have proven experience to answer the Why? and not just the What? We have a commitment to, and experience in, skills transfer.
We help identify and achieve quick wins.
We help develop a process improvement plans and facilitate delivery of real benefits.
We plan the transition to process management and continuous process improvement.