"Competitive edge means that all key business processes have to do more than just meet customers' basic requirements. They must exceed these requirements. They must be Lean."
What is it?
Lean is an approach that enables more to be produced with less; less equipment, less human effort, less time and space, while enabling customers to receive precisely what they want, when they want it. Closely linked to process improvement, Lean is applicable to all organisations, though the principles of Lean were first applied to the manufacturing sector, where it is known as 'Lean Manufacturing'. Click on the icon below to take you to our 'Lean Solutions' service that is tailored to the public service sector:
|Service Name: Lean Solutions|
When to use it:
- When time is a key driver of the process.
- If you have high levels of work in progress in terms of either material or paper.
- If you have poor levels of customer service.
- If you have long lead times or delays in your process.
- Achieves sustainable increases in productivity.
- Identifies previously unseen waste and eliminates it.
- Reduces process lead times by up to 80%.
- Reduces inventory and the space or resource required to hold it.
- Vastly improves the space utilisation and ergonomics of the working environment.
- Reduces changeover or set-up times.
How TQMI can help:
We can provide the challenge that is often necessary for organisations to commit themselves to a Lean process. We have the tools and techniques necessary to implement Lean quickly and easily, and we can help you to design processes that will meet your customers' requirements in the most efficient and effective way.