Developing People for Improvement
"If you want to know how best to improve the business, try asking the people who do the work?"
What is it?
This is not a tool and probably not strictly an approach. However, many organisations see the need for a properly planned training and education programme in support of their improvement goals.
The knowledge, enthusiasm and energy of an organisation's people are usually the key factor in determining the success for change and improve activities. If you develop your people's skills and capabilities, this is bound to have a positive impact on all aspects of your business.
When to use it:
Whenever an organisation is serious about developing a long-term, sustainable change, the human resource must be constantly sustained and developed to support the improvement process. There is never a wrong time to provide people with the capability to drive improvement in their own processes.
- An increased understanding of why the organisation needs to improve.
- Skilled people capable of delivering the improvement you need.
- A better understanding between managers and their staff.
- Greater participation in improvement activities.
- Less resistance to change.
- An enhanced ability to cope with the next changes required.
How TQMI can help:
TQMI can help organisations develop approaches that release and maximise the potential of all staff. This can take the form of training, workshops, blitz events or by developing facilitation and coaching skills across the different staff groups. We can help assess how the contribution of staff can be increased, and provide the mechanisms for achieving this.