"You wouldn't drive a car without instruments on your dashboard nor would you drive it only by looking in the rear-view mirror. Why do the same with your organisation?"
What is it?
The development of formal processes and responsibilities for identifying the key output measures and performance indicators in an organisation, and then the effective use of these measures to understand, predict and improve all aspects of organisational performance.
When to use it:
- When you need an organisation-wide approach to performance measurement.
- When you need a mechanism to assess whether your strategy is working.
- When you feel you are suffering from "paralysis by analysis".
- When you want to deploy a culture of measurement throughout the organisation.
- Where you or your staff lack the information to make effective business decisions.
- Clarify performance - everybody understands how they are measured and how they contribute.
- You know the key drivers and outcome measures of your key processes.
- You have a balanced range of stakeholder measures.
- You don't waste time collecting data that you don't need.
- You can base targets on sound analysis.
- There is a greater buy-in to necessary improvements.
How TQMI can help:
Many organisations spend time and money measuring the wrong things, or measuring the right things in the wrong way.
TQMI can provide a structured method for identifying the right things to measure, and for using measurement to drive performance improvement. We can provide support for the individuals responsible for monitoring and understanding the measures, as well as providing the systems and management tools necessary to make measurement easy.