"In today's business world, improvement projects need to be completed in days not months."
What is it?
Kaizen is the Japanese word for Continuous Improvement. A Kaizen Blitz is a rapid improvement tool where you take a process and all the people involved in it, pull it apart and rebuild it within a short time period, typically five days.
When to use it:
- When you have a specific need or problem to address urgently.
- When it is easier to release resource for a short time than over an extended project life.
- When you are bringing different teams together to work on the same process.
- When you want to introduce staff to improvement techniques in a practical way.
- When you want high levels of buy-in from those affected by the change.
- Highly practical and involving.
- Provides a high level of return on the time and money instead.
- Achieves change immediately, avoiding project fatigue.
- Achieves a high degree of staff buy-in for the change achieved.
- Generates an environment where challenging current practice is welcomed.
How TQMI can help:
We can identify where the Kaizen Blitz process will be most effective for your organisation. We will design the Blitz process with you, and we will run the event to ensure maximum participation, maximum improvement and maximum learning. We make the process run, but will constantly challenge existing practice with a view to finding the most effective final solution.